联系我们
收藏本站
网站地图
  首 页 医药前沿 医疗资讯 健康百科 护理医学 医学考研 医学英语 生活英语
 
 
 疾病专题
内科  外科  妇科
儿科  眼科  性病
五官科 皮肤 传染病
糖尿病 中医 老年病
 保健指南
少儿保健 优生优育
美容健身 饮食科学
两性天地 心理探秘
男性健康 女性专题
益寿养生 应急自救
心血管病 肿瘤专题
·高血压药物如何选
·排在第一位的长寿
·纠正对胰岛素的偏
·攻克癌症还有多远
·癌症的早期信号
·卫生部要求沐浴场
·前列腺概述
·网恋为何如此脆弱
·心理衰老的表现
·男性脱发趋年轻化

当前位置:首页 >> 生活英语 >> 走遍美国 >> 正文

46 Linden Street 林登大街46号

西部医学网  2007-12-07     文字大小:【】【】【
ACT I
Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart. 对不起 我叫Richarrd Stewart
I'm a photographer. 我是一名摄影师。
May I take a picture of you and your little boy? 我能为你和你的小男孩拍一张照
片吗?
What's it for? 是做什麽用的
It's for a book. 是为一本书拍的。
You're writing a book? 你在写书?
It's a book of pictures. 这是一本画册。
I call it Family Album, U.S.A. 我把它叫作 走遍美国
Oh, that's a nice idea. 噢 这想法不错。
Well, it's fine if you take our picture. 好的,如果你把我们照进去太好了
I'm Martha Vann. 我叫Martha Vann。
Thank you. I appreciate your help. 谢谢 很感谢你的帮助
I'm Richard. What's your name? 我是Richard 你叫什么名字
Gerald. Gerald。
How old are you, Gerald? Gerald 你今年多大
Five. 五岁。
And where do you live? 你们住在哪
We live in California. 我们住在Californiaa 。
Well, welcome to New York. 噢 欢迎你们到纽约来
OK, just a second. 好了 请稍等一下。
I'm almost ready here. 我快要准备就绪了。
Can I help you? 我能帮你忙吗
Oh, please. 噢 太好了。
Hold Gerald's hand, please. Great! 请握住Gerald的手。。
Now point to the buildings. 现在请指著那些建筑筑物
Terrific! 好极了
Give Mommy a kiss, Gerald. Nice! Gerald 亲一亲妈妈 好的
Thank you, Gerald. 谢谢你 Gerald。
And thank you, Mrs. Vann. 谢谢 Vann太太
Oh, my pleasure. 噢 不客气。
We'll be looking for your book. 我们等着看你的书。
Thank you. Good-bye. Bye, Gerald. 谢谢。再见。Geraldd 再见。
Thanks again. 再次谢谢 。
Oh, you're welcome. 噢 不用谢。
Hey, let me take your picture! 嘿 让我给你照张像吧
Wonderful. Please. 好啊 请。
Are you from New York? 是从纽约来的吗
No, I'm from Greece. 不是 我是从希腊来的
I'm an exchange student. 我是一名交换学生。
When did you come here? 是什麽时候来的
Three months ago. 三个月前。
Your English is very good. 你的英语说得很好。
Thanks. 谢谢。
I studied English in school. 我是在学校学的
Would you like some coffee? 要不要来点咖啡
No, thank you. 不要 谢谢。
Tell me about your book. 谈谈你的书吧。
Oh, it's not finished yet, 噢 它尚未完成
but I have some of the pictures. 但我有一些照片
Would you like to see them? 要不要看一看
Yes. I'd like that. 要啊 我想看一看。
Here they are. Family Album, U.S.A. 就在这 。
It's an album of pictures of the United States: 这是一本有关美国的
the cities, the special places, and the people. 一些城市、名胜、人民的影集
And these are pictures of people working: 这是工作中人们的照片
steelworkers, bankers, police, street vendors, 钢铁工人 银行职员 警察 街头小贩
ambulance drivers, doctors.... 救护车驾驶员 医生等等…
Oh, this is my father. He's a doctor. 噢 这是我父亲 他他是一名医生
This is my mother. 这是我母亲。
What's her name? 她叫什麽名字
Ellen. Ellen。
My younger brother, Robbie. 这是我弟弟Robbie
He goes to high school. 他在上高中。
This is my sister Susan. 这是我妹妹Susan
She works for a toy company. 她在一家玩具公司工作
Here's my grandfather. He lives in Florida. 这是我祖父 他住在Florida
And this is my wife Marilyn. 这是我太太Marilyn
Oh, she's very pretty. 噢 她很漂亮。
Thanks. And what about your family? 谢谢。那你的家庭呢
They are in Thessaloniki. 他们住在Thessaloniiki
That's a large city in northern Greece. 那是希腊北部的一个大城市
But now I'm living in the Bronx. 但现在我住在Bronx
With a Greek-American family? 跟一个美籍希腊家庭住在一起吗
No. Hispanic. 不是 是一个讲西班牙语的家庭
Oh no! It's five thirty. 哎呀 已经五点半了
Will you excuse me? 我失陪了
I have to meet my wife. 我得去接我太太。
It was nice meeting you. 非常高兴遇见你。
It was a pleasure meeting you, too. 认识你我也很高兴 。
Thanks for your help. 谢谢你的帮助。
And good luck! I've got to go. 祝你好运 我得走了
By the way, I'm Richard. 噢 我忘了说 我叫Richar
What's your name? 你叫什么名字
Alexandra. Alexandra。
Bye-bye, Alexandra. Thanks. 再见 Alexandra 谢谢。
Bye-bye. Richard! Richard! You left your bag! 再见。Richard Ricchard 你忘记拿包了。

ACT II
Excuse me, officer. 对不起 警官。
Can you help me? 你能帮帮我吗
Sure. 当然可以。
Can you tell me 你能告诉我
how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale? 怎麽去Riverdale的Linden大街?
"Richard Stewart, 46 Linden Street, “Richard Stewart 林登街46号
Riverdale, New York." Riverdale 纽约”
You should take the number 1 subway. 应当搭一路地铁。
Is there a station near here? 附近有地铁站吗
Yes. The station's that way. 有。地铁站在那边。
You should take the number 1 train 搭一路车
to Van Cortlandt Park. 到Van Cortlandt公栽 下车。
Number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park. Thank you. 一路车到Van Cortlaandt公园。谢谢。
Anytime. Good luck. 不用谢。祝你好运。
Remember, the number 1 train. The uptown platform. 记住 搭一路车 北线月台上车
Thank you. 谢谢。
You're welcome. 不客气。
Is this pink too bright for me? 这种粉红色对我是否太艳了
Mmm-hmm. It is a very bright pink. 是的 这种粉红色是很艳
Try this. It's size eight. 试试这一件。尺码是八号
But I wear size ten. 但我穿十号的衣服。
How about green? It's size ten. 绿的怎麽样 它是十号的
Let me try it on. 让我试试看。
I'm taking too much of your time. 耽误你太多的时间了
It's six o'clock. 六点了。
Where's my husband? 我丈夫呢
I was expecting him here at five forty-five. 他应该五点四十五到这儿
Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour. 别担心。这时间交通很拥挤
I know. But we're going to be late for dinner. 我知道。但我们晚餐可要迟到了
I'll take this green sweater. 我就要这件绿色的毛衣
I like the color on me, don't you? 我觉得这种颜色较适合我 你说呢
I think it looks terrific on you. 我觉得这件衣服你穿上好极了
I'm sorry I'm so late. 对不起 我来得太晚了
I had a really bad day. 今天真是糟透了。
It's ten after six. We're late. 现在是六点十分。我们迟了
Robbie's cooking tonight, and dinner's at six thirty. 今晚Robbie作饭 六点半开饭
I know. I know. I'm really sorry. 我知道 我知道。真的很抱歉
I left my bag of film on the ferry. 我把装底片的包掉在渡船上了
I went back for it, but the ferry was gone. 等我回去找的时候 船已经开走了。
I lost a whole day's work. 我丢掉一整天的工作成果
I'll call the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office. 我来打电话给Statenn
渡轮的失物招领处。
I didn't think of that. Thanks. 我倒没有想到这个。谢了
Hello. 喂
Yes. The number, please, 我想问一下
of the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office. Staten 渡轮失物招领处的电话号
Five five five...zero eight zero eight. 555-0808。
Thank you. 谢谢。
I really appreciate it, Marilyn. 真的很感谢 Mariilyn。
Hello. 喂
Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon, 今天下午有没有人捡到一个摄影包
a small canvas bag, 一个小的粗帆布袋
on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry?...No? 在J. F. Kennedy渡船上丢的。……没有吗
Maybe someone will find it. 也许会有人发现的。
The name is Stewart, Richard Stewart.名字是Stewart Ricchard Stewart。
And the telephone number is five five five... 电话是555-
three oh nine oh. Thank you. 3090。谢谢 。
Sorry, Richard. They don't have it. 对不起 Richard 他们那儿没有。
Thanks, anyway. 不管怎样 我都得谢谢
There was a girl on the ferry. 在渡船上有一个女孩
Now maybe... 也许现在……
Tell me about it on the way home. 回家的路上再告诉我吧

ACT III
And give her a teaspoon of the medicine after every meal. 每餐後给她吃一茶匙药
Don't worry. She'll be fine. 不要担心 她会好的
You're welcome. Good-bye. 不用谢。再见。
How are you? 你好吗
I'm tired and hungry. 我又累又饿。
Well, Marilyn and Richard called. 好啦 Marilyn和Ricchard已经打电话来了
They'll be here soon, and then we'll eat. 他们马上就到。他们一到就开饭
All right. Is...is Susan coming? 好吧 Susan来吗
Well, she'll be here later. 来 她会晚一点。
She has to work late tonight. 她今晚得工作得晚一些
And what's Robbie cooking for dinner? Robbie为晚餐准备了什么呢
It's a surprise. 会给你一个惊喜。
I hope it's pasta. 我希望是通心粉
Robbie, the dinner was terrific. Robbie 晚餐真是棒极了
Yes, it was delicious. 对 味道非常好。
What's for dessert? 有什麽甜点呢
Oh, I forgot dessert. 哦 我忘了甜点了。
Robbie! Robbie
Don't worry. 别担心。
We've got lots of ice cream. 我们有很多冰淇淋。
Oh, I'd love some ice cream. 哦 我想吃冰淇淋。
Well, there's chocolate and coffee and a little vanilla. 好的。有巧克力的,咖啡
的,还有一点香草的
I'll have vanilla. 我要香草的。
Is that all right with everyone? 各位有意见吗
I'll have chocolate. 我要巧克力的。
Me, too. 我也是。
Uh, one scoop of coffee 我要一勺咖啡的
and one scoop of chocolate for me. 和一勺巧克力的。
Robbie, will you help me serve? Robbie 你来帮我端好吗
I keep thinking about that bag of film. Eight rolls. 我老想着装胶卷的提包。八卷
A whole day's work. 一整天的成果呀。
And good stuff, too. 而且都是好东西。
Don't worry, Richard. 别担心 Richard
Somenoe will find it. 总有人发现它的。
I'll get it. Hello. 我去开门。
Hello. 你好
Does Richard Stewart live here? Richard Stewart住这里吗
Yes, he's my brother. 是的。他是我哥哥。
I'm Robbie...Robbie Stewart. 我叫Robbie Robbiee Stewart。
I'm Alexandra Pappas. 我叫Alexandra Papppas
How do you do? 你好。
Your brother left his bag of film on the ferryboat. 你哥哥将他装胶卷的提包
忘在渡船上了
I found it. 我发现了它。
I'm really glad to see you. 我真的非常高兴见到你 。
I mean...my brother'll be really glad to see you! 我是说我哥真的非常高兴见到你
Robbie! Who is it? Robbie 是谁呀
It's Richard's film!是 Richard的胶卷,
I mean, Alexandra Pappas. 我是说,是Alexandra Paappas。
Come in, please. 请进。
Alexandra! Alexandra
Hello, Richard. I found your bag! 哈 Richard 我捡到了你的包。
Oh, thank you! Thank you! 哦 谢谢 谢谢 。
Um...Alexandra, let me introduce you. 噢……Alexandra 让我给你介绍一下。
This is my wife Marilyn. 这是我太太Marilyn
Richard showed me your photo. Richard给我看过你的照片。
How do you do? 你好
Oh yes. 噢,是的
Richard told us all about you. Richard跟我们谈起了你 。
It's nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你 。
And this is my mother, Ellen Stewart. 这是我妈妈 Ellen Stewart。
How do you do? 你好。
And my father, Dr. Philip Stewart. 这是我父亲 Philipp Stewart医生。
Nice to meet you, Alexandra. 很高兴见到你 Alexxandra。
And...ah...you met Robbie. 还有……啊 已经见过Robbie
Yes. And you must be Susan. Hi. 是的。那你一定是Susaan了。嗨
Hi. Welcome. 嗨 欢迎你 。
I'm so glad you found the bag 我很高兴你捡到包
and took the time and trouble to return it. 而且不怕麻烦花时间将它送来
Oh, it was no trouble. 哦 没什麽麻烦。
I just took the wrong train. 只是我坐错了车。
Would you like something to eat? 来吃点东西 好吗
Thank you, no. 谢谢 不用了。
I'm late for dinner at my house. 我回家吃晚饭要迟到了
I really have to go. 我真的得走了。
Would you like to call home? 你要给家里通个电话吗
I'd appreciate that. 谢谢你让我使用电话
Please, use the phone. 请随便用。
Thanks. Excuse me. 谢谢。失陪了。
Alexandra's a high-school exchange student from Greece. Alexandra是从希腊来的
中学交流学生。
Where does she live? 她住在哪
With a family in the Bronx. 住在Bronx区的一户人家里 。
Oh, that's not too far from here! 噢 那离这儿不远
Take it easy, Robbie. 不要太紧张 Robbiee。
Thank you. 谢谢。
I can only stay a few minutes. 我只能停留几分钟。
Have some iced tea. 喝点冰茶吧。
Thanks, Mrs. Stewart. 谢谢你 Stewart太太
Please sit down, Alexandra. 请坐 Alexandra。
So, you're an exchange student. 哦 你是一名交换学生
Where do you go to school? 在哪上学
At the Bronx High School of Science. 在Bronx区的理科中学。
Oh, that's a very good school. 哦 那是个好学校。
What are your favorite subjects? 喜欢哪些课程
Biology and mathematics. 生物学和数学。
Richard tells me you're a doctor. Richard告诉我您是个医生。
Yes, a pediatrician. 是的 儿科医师。
And what does your father do? 你父亲是做什麽的
He's a lawyer, in Thessaloniki. 他是Thessaloniki的一名律师
Would you like some pasta? 你来点通心粉,好吗
I made it myself. 我自己做的。
It might be a little cold. 可能有点凉了。
Thanks, no. I do have to go. 谢谢了 不用。我真的得走了
It was nice meeting you all. 很高兴见到你们一家人
Well, maybe you'll come for lunch some Sunday,或许哪个星期天你能来吃午饭
so we can really thank you 让我们好好感谢你 。
for bringing Richard's bag back. 你把Richard的包送回来了
Maybe. 也许可以吧。
You're welcome anytime. 欢迎 随时来玩。
Good-bye. 再见。
Can I drive you home? 我开车送你回去好吗
No, thanks. 不用了 谢谢。
The train is just up the street. 地铁就在街的那一头
It won't take me long at all. 不需要花很长时间的
Well, you really saved the day for me, Alexandra. 真的帮了我一个大忙 Alexandra
Bye. 再见。
Bye-bye. 再见。
Good night. 晚安。
She's a smart young lady, and very nice. 她是个聪明的年轻姑娘 而且很善良
Very! Hey, she forgot her bag! 非常好! 她忘了拿她的旅行袋
I guess we'll be seeing Alexandra again. 我想我们不久又将见到Alexandra
Right, Robbie? 对吧 Robbie

责任编辑:wmed


相关文章
Copyright© www.wmed.cn All right reserved
西部医学网 版权所有
晋ICP备06003406号